Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Getting Started With A Routine to Reach Your Goals

It was a stressful day. I had spent two days doing so well, I was getting on top of my home, I was looking better, I felt like my routine was coming together, everything was going so well. I would see it now. I was just days away from a perfect home, a routine I could manage. My job was paying well Everything was there. Then it happened. I was happily following my routine and it happened. First, my love was in a bad mood. I was taken from my routine for hours trying to resolve and ended up giving up in tears. I ran out crying (not in my routine ) and ended up grabbing something to eat somewhere as I had nowhere else to go (not in  my budget/food wasting in fridge). Then, I went to sign in and work and there was chaos and uncertainty there. At the end of the day, I had done nothing but react and recover. My little checklists made that morning were sitting there, and it brought me to tears just looking at them. They were such lovely checklists. It would have been such a great day. I looked at the groceries in the fridge, I'd excitedly purchased to make and walked into a home where my love was in the other room ignoring me, trying not to be so hurt that I ran out again. I walked into the bathroom and realized that I hadn't even begun to groom for the day. I had a hair pointing at me a if to taunt me. I was a mess, and my happy little spirit that had wanted such a wonderful day was in tears inside. 

Image result for 1950s housewife

At such times, looking at the list can be painful. It is at such times, that we just give up the day. None of our goals seem possible. Our progress from the days before, slowly begins to unravel once again. 

Image result for 1950s housewife

I have made many to do lists. I have created many routines, but there is a problem with each. If you fall off schedule, you feel as though you failed and you quit. I don't like to do lists because you could end up spending all day on number two and never get to anything else. I don't like long stretches of work with a planned break when you finish, because you will have situations like above and end up breaking your schedule all together. The best way to plan for your day is to be ready for anything but have your goals in mind and ready. You have to be determined to spend time in each, come what may. 

Image result for 1950s housewife

I think it's best to set a time every two hours where you are going to spend 5-10 minutes planning that time. Based on where you are at, at that moment, what can you get done?

Image result for 1950s housewife

I like to make a master list of all things I would have in order, IF I was reaching the goals I longed for. Thinking of the kind of home you desire, the kind of image you desire, the kind of food you desire to make, the kind of relationship and social life you long for etc. Keep those in mind and make a list of what you desire to get done this week, month, year. What do you want in a home this year? Are you wanting a new home? Do you want to repair the one you have? Then, you will need to set up a program to save in the meantime. How often will you give to this savings? When will you have enough saved to accomplish that goal? Appearance, do you desire to be thinner? More toned? Take better care of your hair, skin, teeth, nails? Set time to work on those this week, month or day. What will you do? How often? Think of what you're heart is feeling unhappy with the lack of, and work to resolve it. Right now, what is aching within you? What do you long for? What about your life is making you miserable? How will you change that? Plan how you would like to work on it each day, week, month, or year. With thing AS THEY ARE NOW, how will you fit that in your life? Don't want for it to be different to begin. Begin now. Obstacles will always be there. If you let obstacles keep you from beginning, you will let obstacles stop you later as well. Those who succeed are those who refuse to be stopped. 

Image result for 1950s housewife

Now for the day, I want you to set a sheet you will fill out each day or even better, every couple hours. I have devised the Ten and Two. I have tried all varieties of schedules and so many have been interrupted, but one that seems to work for me is the Ten and Two. I will work ten minutes on the most important to do I have on my master list. Then I will take two minutes to rest, facebook, think, cry, stretch, get sun, etc. Then I will look at my list and begin ten minutes in what I think is next most important. Each ten minutes - re-look at your goals, re-look at  your lists and note what you are neglecting. At the beginning of the each day, circle the things you neglected the day before. Do those things today. No ifs ands or buts about it. 

Related image


Re-write your goal list each week at the beginning off the week. Evaluate what you're not doing each morning. Each hour, focus on what's most important. I found when I'm around others, that I tend to do what they need. At the end of the day, when I'm all alone the things I've neglected are me. My diet, my self care, I'll have a hair on my chin. My eyebrows will be run wild. My needs will have been neglected. Make the 2 minute break at the top of each hour, one you do all alone, away from those who need you. Determine to do one thing YOU need that hour. 

Related image

It is hard being a woman. Everyone needs you. Everyone pressures you to care for them. But we can't completely neglect ourselves. Create a system that works for you but have goals and have a plan. The days I do not follow a plan, I completely forget my goals altogether. I find I am even better with family with a plan. Otherwise, I'm always lost in thought, frustrated, and feeling overwhelmed. It's better to plan before doing. Then you can focus and not be wondering if you've forgotten something or be pulled this way or that. Make a plan. Make decisions. Then set your week, day and month to accomplish them. I believe in you. 

Image result for 1950s housewife

Much love,

Veronique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.