Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Let's Try Something New - Beginning the Steps to Enrich and Improve Your Life

Starting tomorrow we are going to try something new. I will be posting each day a segment of what I will be doing that day so you can follow along in your own life. As you see how I arrange my day, you can adapt it to your own style as it would suit you.

 I have once again begun to work many hours which I truly discourage anyone from doing but as I do get more readers we will work to migrate my time to being able to blog more and work less. It is truly about having the income from the blog to be able to work 'it' more of a full time schedule. My love has retired so I am largely creating the income for our family. We had tried charging for the course and I do hope to do so once again as it was such a wonderful thing to see each day. I loved the private atmosphere where each of you could post pictures of what you accomplished each day. I truly hope to be able to afford to do that again soon. It just ended up being too costly to keep up with and maintain the site. I will work to get it back up, I promise,  In the meantime, I'll show you how I arrange each day around my work schedule.

 I will take on thing at a time as a lesson but as I do so I'll also post my day so you can observe what I do. Watching and imitating are largely how we learn as infants and as you read my lessons and then observe it incorporated into my life, I truly believe you will learn as I have been, habits that will enrich your life and give you the home you are so longing for.  This will start tomorrow and I truly do promise to do my best to take you through how I arrange my day in the 50's style.


There is SO much we have lost. So much we are losing and it's truly a matter of rediscovering. One of the big things that I think is crucial is posture, grooming and nutrition. Watch this video.


 
Warning: this video does have sex education in it. Please watch with that knowledge. It does show some nudity.




I also love this one. It is intended for children but provides such a great layout on how women were taught to groom and care for themselves.




Truly watch it. Put yourself back into that time and truly take notes on what it says. We aren't taught these things anymore and they are so essential for our health. So many of the food groups we are cutting out are so essential to our well being. So many of the cleanliness habits we are no longer practicing are making us ill.

So much is being lost in organization, manners, health and daily life. Note the requirements for grooming as they did in the 50's for health and appearance. Notice your posture. Your health is largely affected by your posture.  I began to work on posture and I was amazed at how much grace and poise and energy it immediately gave me. Begin to daily do what you see on this video. Stand against the wall. Make sure that your shoulders are touching the wall as well as your ankles. Suck your stomach in. Hold this poise and walk out and place a book on your head. Walk around the room as gracefully as you can with the book on your head, your shoulders down and your stomach held in. Do this for 10-20 minutes each day and then make a concentrated effort to walk that way all day. You will feel like you are standing very tall. You will feel graceful.

 Practice poise as you walk, sit and move. Walk with the book, sit with the book as gracefully as you can. Stand with the book. Learn how it feels to hold yourself erect. This will drastically affect your health and energy levels. At first it will tone your core around your stomach as you strengthen those muscles and get into the habit of using them to hold yourself properly and then as you do it more and more and those muscles are strengthened, you will notice that your back aches less, you are tired less. You feel better. You feel confident.

Combine this with eating right and grooming each day according to the video and you will feel beautiful. Ensure you clothes are neat and cleaned, your teeth polished, your face cared for, your skin clean, spritz on perfume and practice posture. Grace and posture. You will be amazed at how well you feel. Now I have created a little habit log. Every time you go to take on a new habit, fill out this log for 21 days. Don't allow yourself to stop until you have done it for 21 days straight. As you miss it one day, start again. When you have made it to 21, you are there, then you can focus on another. Notice where you struggle note how you feel each day and your struggles. Learn your struggles so that you can overcome your struggles.  Begin feeling it out today.. with posture and grooming as your habit you are working on this month. Fill it out every day for 21 days and note how you feel as you work to create a routine.

The first few days are always wonderful but notice when it starts to get difficult. When you start to slouch and tire of grooming. Determine to stick with it and I will with you. In fact, my habit will be making time to post to each of you each day. They may be shorter posts at first as I work to arrange more time but they will be posts that I truly hope will enrich you. Post pictures or comments of how you feel as you practice incorporating this into your life. When you begin to tire of it, truly, just look around do you really want to let us and our nation fall into disarray? You will feel so much better as you work to develop habits that will truly enrich your life. Grace feels so much better than slouching ever did. I assure you. Think of it as your first 'step' to a graceful elegant life. The women of the 50s were no different than you. They simply had training that you haven't. Your training begins today.

So tonight for my routine, I am carefully planning out my 12 food groups. I am particularly working to get in more Vitamin A as that is where our family is lacking. I will be going into foodgroups in detail later...but for now, I just want you to know that I have been studying them intensely. Although modern culture says not to eat bread or milk or eggs or sugar... as they are the cause of our weight gain etc.. I couldn't bring myself to agree. I was at the time immersed in studying the 50s lifestyle and they didn't have a weight problem. Cancer at that time was not a prominent disease. Neither was diabetes. They were eating sugar, milk, eggs, fat(lard) and they were NOT fat. Then I started pulling up their videos and lessons on nutrition nutrients, minerals vitamins.
 
 Our culture is largely suffering from nutritional deficiencies.... on a mass scale. Allergies/obesity etc... often linked to a 'lack' of nutrition. We are missing the necessary vitamins that from flour... the vitamins that come from milk, the vitamins that come from eggs, the vitamins that come from fruit. While we do have a food pyramid that says to eat fruits and vegetables... it doesn't specify that types that are necessary. We need the Vitamin c we get from citrus and tomato... we need the vitamin a we get from dark green vegetables and orange/yellow fruits and vegetables... do you suffer from dry skin/oily skin/fatigue/rashes/night blindness or any other imbalance? you are likely nutrient deficient.. you aren't getting enough of certain foods. You likely need to look at what you are NOT eating. If it is in one of these 12 categories.... you are likely nutrient deficient. The magic about these categories is that you don't eat too much of one. You eat a little of all. I did eat a small dessert today but I consumed very little processed sugar. It was made homemade and truly most of my sugar was merely fruit. I did not eat any candy bars, or candies but I had strawberries on my French toast. I had a glass of orange juice. and tonight I will have some peach cobbler... That is my sugar. and it is full of vitamins. Vitamins my body needs to function. The minute I stared following the 12 foodgroups, I was less tired. I had energy. and I didn't gain weight, I lost it.

So tonight, I am making a dinner with meat and noodles - a casserole, beans, potatoes, lettuce, carrots and peach cobbler. Note, I eat very small portions so that I can eat a little of all. A cancer documentary recently stated how important it is to make sure your diet is small in portion yet rich in nutrients. Work to get in all 12 groups in small portions. You will have leftovers but you will feel great. 1. Protein (get a variety chicken, beef, fatty fish, liver) 2. Potato or Sweet Potato 3. Milk or dairy products (ice cream/cheese etc) 4. Egg 5. Grains best if whole grains (pasta/rice/etc) but even white rice has small amounts of necessary nutrients 6. Dark leafy green or yellow vegetables (spinach, collards, darker lettuce, squash, carrots red pepper etc) 7. citrus or tomato or cabbage 8. sugar (small amount daily is good for energy- your body does actually need some sugar to function properly) 9. another vegetable try to get one raw a day focus on nutrients you may be deficient in. We will go more into that later 10. Butter (full of necessary nutrients truly - we will go into) 11. Healthy fats(olive oil coconut oil etc) 12. beans nuts or seeds (many are deficient in the nutrients found in nuts and seeds - there are some you can truly only get from nuts and sees or fatty fish)

Tonight I will take a bath. I will plan my day tomorrow using my magic to do list and weekly planner. I will jot down what's in the fridge that needs to be eaten and plan it into my menu using the 12 food groups. Then I will brush my hair 100 strokes, lotion, perfume, tend to my teeth, care for my skin care, trim and shape my nails, and select my outfit for tomorrow.

 I may even set my table for the am. Make time for this in the evening. Make time every night or dishes. Keep them done. Tidy your bathroom as you get out of the bath. wipe it down then. make your bed as you get up. if you need to vacuum or quickly dust, then your bathroom and bedroom are done. Just like doing dishes after cooking you need to tidy each room as you leave it. Get into that habit. But for this month, work on your posture. 10 minutes in the am... stand against the wall.... straighten up and walk with a book on your head for 10 minutes. Do this every day.. for 21 days. Practice walking gracefully and erect throughout the day. Note how you feel each day in your logs as well as on this board. Encourage each other. You can do this.


I believe in you.
 
And if you feel it in your heart to donate, I will work to get on a schedule where I can work more hours on the blog. It truly is only a matter of making the income I would make per hour from my job to be able to devote those same hours to this each day. As it is now, I am just having to work more hours than I had ever wanted to and it is leaving so little time for me to live my day in this style that I so love After work, it's about feeding our home and tending to it and there is just so little left in the day. However, I do work a job where I choose the hours to work each day so if I even make enough donation wise to work one less hour each day for the job, I will and I will devote it here. Much love to all of you.

You can do this,
Veronique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.