Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fruits and Vegetabes Actually Fight Obesity?


Thank you so much to those of you who have stuck by me through all of the health etc.. issues I have been so struggling with. I have determined that I will be signing in every day that I feel well and have the time and I will post hopefully insights that will help you to discover what I have. 
 
It is truly amazing What I have gone through and yet every time I sign in you are there... be it the emergency where my love was trampled by a horse and almost died, the house fire, my pneumonia and lung issues after the house fire... it's amazing. You are all truly wonderful. I do believe everything happens for a reason and I have learned so much. There are so many days I dream of being able to 'just' do this again and hopefully one day I will. I used to and it was lovely. At present, it will be a task to fit it in but I will truly do my best. They say what your heart longs for is your calling and I do believe this is mine.



There is so much that I am learning that I am so eager to share. 
My biggest discovery continues to be:

Eating processed foods make you ill. Not slightly ill. Not moderately ill. ILL. I have proved it time and time again. When I eat fresh healthy foods, I am the image of health. The minute I start to let my diet go and take on unhealthy hours where I am so busy I only have time to grab something quick at a drive through or gas station, I am ill again.

 At first it may be a headache, then I start to feel tired and worn down....after a month or two I'm so tired I don't feel like moving at all.. and before long I am bloated, weak, listless and even have trouble breathing. It completely shuts me down to the point where soon I don't even feel well enough to work the hours that I took to get me into this mess in the first place. 

And I have watched it with so many celebrities. You can be the image of health weight and fitness-wise but if you are eating processed foods, that slim waistline won't matter... You can fall prey to the chemicals just as easily as any of them. It isn't just about watching weight. You can be thin, fit toned and extremely unhealthy:



Patrick said one reason he continues to smoke is to lesson his daily battles.
“I’ve got… priorities,” he said. “It’s just I’ve been dealing with one thing as it comes at time, you know… in the… order that it’s trying to kill me. Will stopping smoking now stop anything, change anything? No. But, when it looks like I may live longer than five minutes, I’ll drop cigarettes like a hot potato.”
Caption from LIFE. Among men who exercised often and heavily, the death rates were 998 [per 100,000] for smokers and 474 for nonsmokers.

Farrah Fawcett 
  Unfortunately, Farrah had a weakness for Coca-Cola. Coke was Farrah's favorite beverage, as her best friend Alana Stewart noted in her diary entry for June 1, 2007. Even in the midst of her cancer treatments, Farrah couldn't stop drinking Coca-Cola. It is also said that reckless sexual behavior leading to std's may have played a role. 











Common causes of death are obvious loves..... reckless living. Every little thing you are taking into your body... can kill you.
drugs
cigarettes
junk food highly processed
chemicals in any food
chemicals in your yard or garden
reckless behavior
reckless sleeping habits
reckless sexual behavior

The cure: You've got to learn to love yourself and your family enough to only feed them what will nourish them.
 
I have studied every diet out there... atkins, raw vegan, vegan, weight watchers, jenny craig, etc etc etc.. I have found that on EVERY diet there is one common theme. It's never the diet. Ever. If you eat the processed foods on the diet, you may lose weight but you will feel ill. The diets that made me feel amazing were the ones where I ate fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, fresh food. The minute I'd add in processed bars, frozen entries etc, not only would I be starving, I'd feel ill. Whatever diet you do choose, there are essentials you just must stand by:
 


Eat what is fresh. 
Avoid anything you open plastic to eat.




This wasn't as big of an issue in the 60s. They didn't have as much in plastic. It wasn't until the late 50's that the first frozen dinner came out. They cooked everything. They baked their cookies and put them into a jar from fresh ingredients. Candy was something you ate on occasion and very limited amount. You may perhaps suck on a lemon drop or eat a square of chocolate. Learn how to cook recipes from scratch. If you see a pizza, make a pizza. 
 
If you see lasagna, make lasagna etc. 
 
We made a pasta last week from fresh tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, garlic etc.. and literally no meat and my love devoured it. That night I wasn't particularly up to staying up to make meat too and I was sure he'd be furious. (He usually adamantly resists anything meatless) - but he kept asking for more and going on and on about how amazing it was. I said 'I'm so sorry I didn't add meat, I was just worn down tonight" and he said 'there's no meat in it?" The next morning, I woke up with an amazing craving for that pasta and I literally ate it for breakfast. There is something so amazingly satisfying about eating freshly made sauces. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing. You are so happily full and energized. It is truly addictive. 
 
2. **PORTION CONTROL is linked to consuming enough fresh vegetables and fruits******

If you are struggling to avoid over eating.. Begin each meal with a hefty portion of fruits and vegetables.
Eat a homemade soup before dinner or a large homemade salad before lunch
Incorporate fruits into your desserts... bananas/carrots/zucchinis into your baked goods.
The more fruits and vegetables you consume... the more full you will be. Note that  is exactly what they did in the 50s. Did you know that the fruits and vegetables have in them ingredients that literally fight obesity and cancer. They literally did a study on a severly obese mouse which they injected with Anti-Angiogenic foods and it literally lost weight in relation to the Anti- Angiogenic's injected. 

What is an Anti-Angiogenic food? Angiogenic is a term best used to describe that which would cause our body to send blood supply and build blood vessels around tumors and fat cells. Anti-Angiogenic foods will literally cut the blood supply to both fat and cancer cells.... starving them to death.

So eating enough fruits and vegetables will literally not only starve tumors but also fat cells. 
It's about nutrients. your body needs certain nutrients that you cannot get anywhere but in fruits and vegetables. If you eat food item after food item without eating any... you will be ravenous. 
eat one large salad, you'll be stuffed. 
Cut an acorn squash in half, bake it for an hour and eat it with dinner
Make large fruit salads and vegetable/pea/coleslaw salads to go with each meal
Consume more vegetables.
Consume more fruits
 
That is the ONE thing they did in the 50s that we just don't do now.
They ate SO many of them.
A typical meal had a meat, small bread portion, perhaps small potato portion and then a fruit salad, a vegetable salad, a cooked vegetable, and often a fruit dessert.
One week, I wasn't losing weight. I found it odd... as I was eating nothing. literally- small portions of bready foods and nothing more.
I was eating far less calories than I needed to.
Then,  I stepped up the power foods and made sloppy joes with homemade sauce, a pea salad with mayonaise, onions, cheese cubes, bacon, a fruit salad with pineapple, apple cool whip (organic gmo free).
Not only was I stuffed with a very small portion of each, I lost two pounds.

 
My body finally had the fruits and vegetables it was craving and the more I eat them, the more my body craves them. Soon you are craving vegetables and fruits far more than you ever craved junk.
Make the single slice of homemade french toast and pile on a huge mound of sliced strawberries.
Eat the egg omelet and load it with vegetables.. eat fruit jelly on your toast.
work to make the bulk of your meal fruits or vegetables and watch what happens. 
Have soup(broth with vegetables)  and salad at lunch or load your sandwich with every vegetable you can think of. the bigger you make it with vegetables the smaller your waist will be and the fuller you will be.  

When you learn to start doing this, making the portions smaller will be easy.
Eat less meat bread etc and more fruits and vegetables. Put everything else in one quarter of your plate and the fruits and vegetables allow them to fill the rests.. watch what happens.
Your health will skyrocket and you will have more energy. You will not feel near as weighed down, heavy, weak, tired, and unmotivated. You won't feel gross or uncomfortable with an ever expanding waistline.
 
I have studied cancer thoroughly. The main thing I see curing those who are terminally ill and beyond help? An abundance of fruits and vegetables. They have an amazing ability to heal your body. Read about Jack La Lane and his amazing healing. He refused to eat processed foods when they came out. He said "If man made it, I won't eat it." He healed himself and thrived on vegetables and fruit, sunshine and exercise. The food in nature was designed for us to eat. When we eat then, our bodies function exactly as they should.  

We have replaced 'food' with chemicals and it is killing us. 
Women stopped working
meals started being 'manufactured'
no one had time to 'make' food anymore so we began heating what was premade. 
Instead of making a healthy sandwich and salad we now go to the gas station to make what resembles a cupcake wrapped in plastic? Or even worse some form of candy that is likely not even a food?
Then we drink chemicals?
 
It is murder.. and if it is what you are feeding your children... stop.
Home economics and training women how to feed their family used to be a priority.
Because it's important.
What are we doing to ourselves and our homes?
The minute we stopped feeding our families we allowed another to decide what to put into our food. Why?
Those people have profits at their motives and not your health.
Their food will addict, fatten and sicken you. 
We are so picky about whose food we will eat but then we will accept food from any restaurant or industry and open the box without thinking... even though we constantly see death and poisoning on the news from such products. 

Have you ever watched the fast food restaurant make your foods?
 
Have you ever watched restaurant impossible and seen what happens in that back kitchen?
and you would rather eat that then cook something you knew was sanitary fresh and healthy?
You could become skinny on twinkies if you ate few enough and jogged every meal... but do you really think that is healthy? It will KILL you.
WE have stopped thinking

There is a reason the older generation now has lived so long. Many on a typical 1950s diet with fruit salads and jellos molds and all of the known food groups particularly fruits and vegetables.
Look at Dick Van Dyke
 
Mary Tyler Moore
 

 Barbara Billingsly
 

 Maureen O'Hara
 
Betty White




And then those not quite so old but in amazing shape in their 50's and 60's and above! Notice their diets. They are loaded with fruit and vegetables. 


Susan Lucci

 
Ella McPherson - Dr Stephan Domenig, author of the “mindful eating plan” The Alkaline Cure (Modern Books), says the alkaline diet is “the opposite” of a typical western diet. It’s based on the idea that optimal health comes from balancing the body’s pH by eating more fresh veg and fruit, as well as certain legumes, grains and nuts. she credits this dietary approach – which advocates an 80/20 ratio of alkaline to acid foods to create the optimal pH balance for good health – with helping to maintain her knockout figure at the age of 50. 

kim-basinger.jpg 






















Kim Basinger’s diet follows the vegetarian way of eating. This diet is based on consuming plant based foods, excluding all meat forms, even dairy products. 
Christy Brinkley - DIET "I haven't touched a piece of meat since I read a graphic description of Chicago's slaughterhouses when I was 12. Over the years I've gone through all the varying phases, but currently I'm a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish or dairy except for goat's and sheep's milk. My great luxury in life is my private chef, who is trained in healthy cooking." BREAKFAST: "Every morning I make myself a cappuccino with a drawing in the foam. I post them to Instagram with the hashtag #christiecappuccino. I have sheep's-milk yogurt from Old Chatham Sheepherding Company mixed with organic blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, papaya, chia seeds, raw oatmeal, and walnuts. If I want protein, I'll have an egg-white omelet with spinach and mushrooms." LUNCH: "I always have a salad with whatever grain or bean was left over from dinner piled on top. In the afternoon my chef prepares fresh juice with kale, lime juice, orange juice, and avocado, or I snack on my homemade pumpkin-seed mix made with Himalayan salt, walnuts, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, and dried raisins." DINNER: "My favorite dish is brown rice with lentils, roasted red and yellow peppers, and fennel, with a sweet potato and a salad on the side. When I go out I love all my local Hamptons spots—Sant Ambroeus for asparagi freddi, and the Beacon's meat-free stuffed mushroom. I like a glass of red wine with dinner because it doesn't interfere with my sleep." SPLURGES: "A piece of a Gnosis Pom A├žai raw chocolate bar every day."
 
Cindy Crawford - "On a typical weekday, I usually have a protein shake for breakfast because it's fast—I need to get the kids out the door—and then I go right to work out. I find that sometimes if you eat you have to take extra time to let it settle," she explains in a recent piece on Into the Gloss. "And then for lunch, I'll have salad, sometimes with chicken, sometimes without. For dinner, we'll go for sushi. Or if we eat at home, I'll try to make a meal like turkey meatballs with pasta, a salad, and a vegetable. I just don't have the pasta, and the kids don't have the vegetables or the salad [laughs]. I don't like when my meals are completely different from their meals, but that works."

The generation with the longest lifespan are the ones that ate the diet of the 50's. Many of them living into their 80's and 90's
Yet their children? The children of the 60's rebellion? 
 
All dying  in their 60's many while their parents are still alive!

 
Their parents still manage their budgets and eat balanced meals. They  live the live they learned from the 50's lifestyle... the one their children rebelled against. 
Their children.. many obese, dying of heart attacks and drugs and smoking etc.. are suffering but they are still living. 
I know many who have died recently while their parents were still alive. Many. In their 60's.. the children OF the 60's. 
We need to live like our grandparents instead of our parents.
Or we will die too.
And our children... they are beginning to die at much much younger ages.
 

If you want this life, continue on.
But remember... a simple change and you could give yourself and your family a long long blessed life into the 90's. 

The choice is yours.  
There is one common theme in living to be healthy and vibrant....
The more fresh fruits and vegetables you consume.  EVERY food you love can be made with fresh ingredients. Learn to cook from fruits, vegetables, flour eggs butter etc.. uncanned and natural. 






I will work to post more frequently as I am able. It really does seem that every time I start to post another crisis comes out of nowhere. I will always begin when things seem to be going well and sure enough something happens. But I will persist. Thank you so much once again for your loyal support.

Much love,
Veronica









1 comment:

  1. Love this post and cannot agree more! I am easily losing weight now that I am back to eating lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, green smoothies, no dairy, little to no meat and little to no gluten.

    Not everyone has to go as extreme as me, but having past thyroid issues and probably still do a bit, has shown me the power of fresh fruits and vegetables and how the fat just "melts" off easily, without extreme exercising or diets.

    Thank you so much for all you do! Even when you're going through hard times, you are still thinking of and helping others! Your site is like a step back in time, to the good old ways we all need to live and remember! Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.