Friday, November 15, 2013

It's All About Love

Well my dearest readers, I apologize so truly for my absence. Along with some very stressful moving and equipment changes,  I have been in a bit of depression over some personal changes in my life. The biggest of which being that I haven't been with my love in over a month now. For some reason, blogging about homemaking and loving him has been very hard for me. I would start to sob uncontrollably as I did because I missed him so terribly. I do believe God calls us to things and we are to go where He leads but my lack of family and home has been heart wrenching this week. I can, however, say with absolute certainty that there is NOTHING that replaces the security and warmth of a home. Nothing. The lack of it this month has been debilitating.
Treasure your home ladies. Make it the ultimate resting place for you and  your loved ones. Celebrate  and treasure it with décor and warm meals. Each day that you have with your loved ones is a day to treasure... there is no guarantee of tomorrow. If you do nothing else with your life, love those you have near you and never take their presence for granted.
If you find yourself alone, whether your love is away on business or other reasons, don't let yourself or your home go. Keep in touch with him. Nurture and love your home and find a way to keep his presence there even in his absence.
I am going to get back to blogging about different aspects of housekeeping on assigned days throughout the week. I will incorporate our schedule and help you to learn to use it and personalize it to you. I will encourage you to overcome your emotional roadblocks. I believe that as women, you are the emotional security for your home. Those entrusted to you depend on you for their emotional security and support  as well as your love and your comfort. A mother's love is unmatched. A wife's love is the glue that holds the world together. 
The best part is, your heart is never happy unless it has them TO care for. There is nothing that you will ever do or find in life that will ever give you the peace that caring for your loved ones does... not money, not fame, not success. Nothing. God has a purpose for us. I believe our purpose is found in caring for those we love and creating an ideal home environment to care FOR them,
 
Rediscover your femininity
Rediscover your love
Reach out to those you care for
Lean on help from above
'cause when this life is over
and all things fade away
you'll wish you'd held them closer
as your slipped forever away
 
 
I can remember my last visit with my uncle.
Now those of you who don't know me, wouldn't know how dear he is to me.
I pretty much had no family for a very long time. But he was there.
I started to care for him when my grandma died. He had been living with her and was handicapped.
I cleaned and cooked for him. 

It was always fun in spite of hard times. He loved my cooking and I loved cooking for him. I loved changing his sheets and cleaning his home and tending his garden. I thought he'd be there forever.
He got married a short time later and I saw him less but found every reason to see him. His  driving started to be odd.
He started to swerve off the roads often. He'd suddenly be going 75 in a 35 out of nowhere. I felt nervous and wondered what was happening. A month later, he got signed up with Veterans' insurance. He came over and I'll never forget feeding him a cream cheese and chicken enchilada. Thinking he'd be there forever promising him snickers fudge on his next visit.
I was at a cooking demo at the mall a short time later and someone said they were so sorry about my uncle. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
That tumor killed fast. He was dead in less than 6 months.
The next few months were a blur. I didn't get to see him much. Family swarmed around and I was kind of left out.
I finally bought a bike one day and rode it many miles to see him without calling ahead. I will NEVER forget the way he grabbed my hand and held it so tight. My heart ached. I knew it was over. I wanted to leap into it with him and go WITH him to where he was going. That realization that I was losing my uncle killed me. I wasn't ready.
I promised to bring him lilacs the next week. He passed two days later.
His absence haunts me because I didn't see it coming. It was a diagnosis and it was over. Like so many. Car accidents, plain wrecks, natural disasters.
Life is never certain.
If you do nothing else, love your family first.
Have no regrets.
Much love always
Veronique

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.