Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What to Do When Ill?

The struggle with being in any position is what to do when ill.
Earlier this week when the bug struck me, I could still pull myself out of bed and get online and thought "this is so wonderful. I love being self employed. I can still get online without having to get up and go to the office."

Well today, just sitting up has me feeling so dreadful.
My ambitious plans to do work around the house, all but destroyed.
Unfortunately when the bug does hit. It hits. I could trust my husband to do work around the house, but honestly, that wouldn't be wise for me and I wouldn't be happy with the results.
You have to gauge you sickness. The first day I could stand up and wash a few dishes.
Yesterday I could work on a dress I was sewing... today... well. This is a chore.
I do believe the best thing you can do when sick is rest. The more you rest, the sooner you will feel better. It's a great time to do nails if you feel up to it, sew if you know how, I will be teaching those who don't as well as I can online crafting etc.
I do think it's great to keep your motivation. Work on something while down that will improve your home. Perhaps write up a few letters. Plan some improvements to the home. Read your favorite books on decorating etc. Drink lots of broth and tea with lemon.... take it easy and feel lovely in spite.
Yesterday as a joke I put on my tiara. It could be a pretty neglige. Let yourself still feel lovely. Pamper yourself in little ways as able. Don't let it destroy your motivation. Just rest it out and look forward to what you will be able to do when up feeling well again.


Make sure when you are up that you take the necessary precautions to avoid sickness again.... rest enough, get fruits and veggies in every meal, control stress etc. plan chores so you do a little a day instead of too much at once. Get in time with family, interests etc to feel balanced. Keep on top of your budget a major stress trigger, and keep your home lovely and in order.

I'm going to cut this short today due to feeling so rough.

Cooking will resume in a week,



Much love
Veronique



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.